Easy Weeknight Air Fried Fish & Chips
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds of halibut or lingcod (our favorites but you do you)
- ½ Cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste - Roughly ¼ teaspoons of each
- 1 large egg
- ½ Panko bread crumbs
Avocado cooking oil (any cooking oil/spray will do; this is just our favorite)
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F
- Mix all your dry ingredients together in bowl (flour, spices, salt and pepper).
- In a separate bowl beat the egg.
- In the last, and third bowl, add the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Pat the fish dry and cut it into finger food size strips. *
- Dredge the fish in the flour mixture, then the egg and then the Panko breadcrumbs. Press down lightly to make sure the crumbs stick.
- Spray both sides with oil.
- Air fry at 390°F, making sure you turn half way through, for about 10-12 minutes. You are aiming for that crispy, golden brown goodness. *
- Serve ASAP with tartar sauce, vinegar, ketchup, ranch, barbecue sauce (whatever your thing is) and of course, your favorite fries! *Cough *Cough Sweet Potato Fries.
- We like rinsing our fish briefly before patting the fish dry.
- Add some dried herbs to your Panko (we’ve used dried thyme and dried oregano)
- You can add the spices directly to the fish instead of mixing it into the flour if you want a stronger flavor.
- Optional, squeeze a bit of lemon fresh out of the air fryer