Dungeness Crab Cakes
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 scallion diced
- 1/2 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 sweet red pepper or hot pepper - chopped
- 1 lemon
- 3 mushrooms chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano or fresh
- 4 fresh basil leaves chopped
- Place all ingredients in food processor..pulse till combined.
- Gently make mixture in equal sizes patties roll in Panko crumbs.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat skillet up on med high.
- Add tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sear cakes 5 minutes a side or until golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of sauce on top.
1 pound of cooked shelled Dungeness crab makes 7-8 cakes