Creamy Smoked Salmon Spinach Twists
- 4-6 oz Smoked salmon, crumbled
- 1 tube Crust pizza crust, refrigerated
- 10-12 oz Frozen Spinach
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves*
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Butter
- Handful of fresh parsley. Roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the frozen spinach according to the package instructions. Once cooked, strain or squeeze out any excess liquid and return it to the pot.
- In the same pot, combine the cooked spinach and softened cream cheese.
- Add garlic, salt, onion powder, chili powder, pepper, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese and of course, the smoked salmon. Mix well to combine.
- This is where things get fun! Roll out your pizza dough into your desired shape (square, for example).
- Prepare two equal-sized squares of dough.
- Spread the smoked salmon, spinach, and cream cheese mixture evenly on one of the dough squares, covering it completely.
- Place the remaining dough square on top of the other, aligning the corners and press the corners of each square dough together using your fingers.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into breadstick-sized pieces* but be careful not to fully break them apart. The pieces should still be attached in some way. Check out the photo to see the pattern we created.
- Twist each individual breadstick in the same direction until you're satisfied with the shape.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the top is golden brown and the bottom is cooked through.
- Melt the butter and stir in garlic. Brush this mixture over the breadsticks.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
* If you are not a huge fan of garlic, sub garlic cloves for garlic powder.
*You can cut these breadsticks in many different patterns. Straight up and down is the most simple, and does produce larger breadsticks. If you are making this a party appetizer, we suggest making them smaller. You'll have to get a little more creative, but it's fun!