Spinach Smoked Fish Frittata
Indulge in the irresistible flavors of smoked salmon or black cod and nutritious spinach with this mouthwatering frittata recipe. Perfect for a satisfying breakfast or brunch, this dish combines the smoky richness of our smoked fish with the vibrant freshness of spinach. Let's dive into the recipe and savor the delightful blend of flavors.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (or substitute with milk)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon or smoked black cod, flaked
- 1/2 cup diced shallot or onion (whatever you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup of any vegetable of your choosing (diced) - bell peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, broccoli florets, mushrooms, carrots, asparagus spears, sweet corn kernels - the options are endless!
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Swiss, or feta) - optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9-inch oven-safe skillet or baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt (or milk), salt, and pepper until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the diced shallot or onion and any other veggies you are choosing. Sauté until the vegetables are tender and lightly golden.
- Add the chopped spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, covering the sautéed vegetables and spinach evenly.
- Sprinkle the flaked smoked salmon on top of the egg mixture. Gently press it into the eggs.
- Sprinkle fresh dill and chives over the salmon and eggs.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the frittata is set and golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Serve your smoked fish and spinach frittata warm with a side of fresh salad or crusty bread. The combination of smoky fish, tender spinach, and fluffy eggs creates a delightful harmony of flavors. This versatile dish is perfect for any time of the day and is sure to impress your guests or elevate your breakfast routine.
Note: If you prefer a creamier texture, then definitely try plain yogurt instead of milk. It adds a tangy twist and enhances the overall richness of the frittata. Feel free to customize this recipe with your favorite ingredients and make it your own. Bon appétit!