0 HOURS 15 MINS
0 HOURS 30 MINS
The best part about this recipe is how difficult it is to mess up. We have played with all different amounts of these ingredients and every time it turns out great. Here is what you need to get started:
- 2 (8-10 ounce) halibut fillets
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil – can sub for melted butter if you’re looking for an extra treat.
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise – We use avocado oil mayo
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves – pressed through a garlic press or finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- A couple turns of fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh Chopped Dill – for garnish (can sub Dried Dill and just add it into your mixture) – We encourage you to play with your herbs! Try new ones and see what you like best! Fish if herb friendly!
- Optional: 1 pinch of red pepper flakes (can sub for a dash of hot pepper sauce)
- Optional: ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese. Remember, you can always add more! (our photograph here shows the recipe made with parmesan cheese in it.
Preheat your oven to 450º and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients (leaving out the halibut). Place the halibut fillets on your prepared baking sheet and lather the fillets with your mixture.
Place the seasoned fillets into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then turn on your broiler and allow the fish to broil for about 2-3 minutes, until it has a bit of color and the fish is tender, flakey and cooked through. Remove the baking pan from the oven. If you have some, sprinkle some fresh dill and serve!
Bonus! This recipe also makes a fantastic dip for any roasted veggies! You can pre season your halibut with a little salt and pepper if you like but it is not mandatory. We usually do but we like salt!